“You never get a second chance to make a great first impression.” – Will Rogers
With no second chances, you wouldn’t want to start a new journey on the wrong foot just because you did not pick the right words. Would you?
Start sending out better welcome greeting message and start making better connections during the onboarding process, whether a welcome message for new employees or new customers.
We’ll cover the best welcome greeting messages for:
- New customers
- New employees
- New subscribers
- Remarketing Past Visitors
How Do You Write A Welcome Message?
We understand that creating a new welcome greeting, which is unique, crisp, and makes the onboarded feel warm and fuzzy, is no piece of banana cream cake.
Sometimes, just finding the right words and stringing them together can take hours.
Worry not! We are here with welcome message inspiration.
You could be onboarding a new employee, a new boss, or a new customer, and each of these will get doughy eyes from different greetings. Find the right welcome greeting message here!
It Pays To Have A Welcome Greeting Message
Before we board the welcome ship and sail through the muddy ocean of waves, nods, and salutations, let’s take a look at some statistics about why carefully chosen welcome greeting messages are a must.
- 58 percent of the employees who receive a strong and compelling welcome greeting message are more likely to remain with a company for 3 or more years.
- 69 percent of the employees whose’ hearts have melted because you effectively welcome them with warm fuzzies will most likely stay on staff for at least 3 years.
- With the right greeting via email marketing, you can generate over 320 percent more revenue than usual. Happy clients, happy employees, happy you!
- A welcome message can increase the chances of customer engagement by 33 percent.
- You can save approximately $8 billion each year using a chatbot for your welcome greeting message and customer care. Here’s how you can build a bot for your business!
Want to know who else does it? Ralph Lauren!
The mega-brand sends a greeting message for customers with the promise of giving the latest news and updates along with a 10% discount.
If it works for them, it will work for you too, right? Well, maybe.
First things first, you’re going to need some insightful data on your customers. After all, we don’t just go around shipping boxes of bananas to our customers (…or do we?).
Find a meaningful connection — a welcome greeting message that vibes with their interests.
Let us dig further into how welcome greeting messages can be incorporated into your everyday business, working to help you achieve a higher rate of customer retention.
The Best Welcome Greeting Message For Customers
#1: Onboard New Customers With A Welcome Greeting Message & Discounts
Like we said in the beginning, first impressions last. To make them memorable, you should take some steps — and take them fast!
Procrastinating will have you fumbling through introductions and welcome greeting messages worse than your drunk sibling’s wedding toast.
Whether you choose mailers or messages, each should guide your customer and give them a touchpoint if they wish to contact you.
Also, who doesn’t love gifts? Your new customers will too! Send them a limited-time welcome offer that will make them love you more (and make them spend more money!).
Maybe throw in a stuffed monkey (or whatever fun mascot you have) to remind them of your warm and fuzzy welcome greeting message.
#2: Welcome Greeting Message To New Subscribers
After they make their final purchases, it’s time to give your new subscribers something else to look forward to!
As soon as someone signs up, sending them a welcome greeting message will make them feel wanted and appreciated, and dare we say… warm and fuzzy?
Also, you can ask them to rate how easy the subscription process was for added engagement.
Welcoming your target audience should be… targeted. Hence, try using their names with something catchy.
#3: Emails For Cart Abandonment
Did you know that 70 percent of all shoppers abandon their carts!? This is a vast number, and you can remind your abandoners what they are missing.
Welcome them back to shop more!
Or rather, be smart and twist it up to “your cart is missing you.”
Cart abandonment emails have indeed been known to make a difference wherein around 50 percent of users end up ordering where they left.
#4: Establish The Central Channel For Communication
One of the best ways to make an impression on your new customers is by sending them a welcome email (or message with MobileMonkey), which establishes the central channel for communication.
This way, you build a foundational line of conversation and give yourself away with the impression of always being there.
#5: Be The Guiding Light
Whether we talk about a new employee, a new boss, or a new customer, guidance is necessary. Tell them about the company, the groups present, the causes the company is associated with, and link to the website.
You can use these welcome messages in your confirmation message to new SMS subscribers, email subscribers and more.
They can also be an excellent icebreaker in your website chat.
Welcome Message Samples For Your Customers
- Welcome to the gang! We are thrilled to have someone with such impeccable taste amongst us (well, duh! You chose us!)
- Hola! We’re so excited you are a part of (brand name). We love all our customers, and that includes you too!
- To show our happiness at having you here, we are offering you a (percentage) discount. Enjoy & spread the love!
- Hey there! Your love keeps us going! Keep shopping because you deserve gifts!!!!
Welcome Greeting Message Examples For A New Employee
- We just heard an awesome new person became a part of our team! Welcome to the jungle!
- We are so delighted to welcome you on board. Your intelligence and energy make you an asset to us. Can’t wait to work with you!
- Welcome to our team, and we hope your presence will make it stronger. Let’s hope you being here will help in the growth and expansion of the company.
- A big congratulations on the new role, and we welcome you with open arms. We wish our ways never part, and our partnership grows into the future!
Make An Impact!
A welcome greeting message can help your business grow. Whether sent to a customer or a new employee, these greetings make the receiver feel appreciated and are known to increase employees’ retention rate and customer conversion rates.
Stand Out — Be A Unicorn, Not A Donkey!
Finding the perfect welcome greeting message is not an easy task. But you can rest assured that custom-tailored greetings hold the power to capture the attention as well as the heart of your receiver and get you a positive response.
Be sure to captivate the essence of your brand/organization for the best outcome.