Real-time communications have become one of the cornerstones of digital customer experience. Whether it is a pizza delivery or an amazon order, customers expect real-time updates on the status of their orders at all times. It is no longer a “competitive edge” or a “unique feature”, rather the basic minimum requirement to succeed in a demand-driven environment.
While this trend is currently limited to hyper local delivery services, industry giants including Amazon, is expected to take it to the next level in the years to come. Increasing popularity of online shopping, powered by Shopify and similar platforms, will further accelerate this shift in customer service. Though the trend may only be gathering momentum now, it was established way back in 2017 that “Gen Z is more than twice as likely to drop a brand for poor features or responsiveness on social media, according to the survey.”
COVID-19 may just have pushed us 10 years ahead in this direction. Challenges posed by the pandemic, especially in terms of supply chain management and mobility restrictions, have presented brands with an opportunity to create and maintain communication channels with customers like never before. The need for trust, transparency and real-time customer service is at an all time high and those who act first will come out on top.
However, employing a call center for 24*7 customers is neither practical or profitable, especially for small- and medium- enterprises. This is where live chat bots come in. By leveraging natural language processing, chat bots can answer simple queries within seconds, enhancing customer relations and adding value to the brand experience.
Here are five reasons why you should have one:
- Over 60 percent of millennials use chatbots.
- Given the choice, customers prefer chats or texts over calls.
- Chatbots provide quick response for urgent queries.
- They make online reservations and orders easier.
- Chatbots can provide deep insight into consumer behaviors and patterns.
1. How Conversational AI can Automate Customer Service
2. Automated vs Live Chats: What will the Future of Customer Service Look Like?
3. Chatbots As Medical Assistants In COVID-19 Pandemic
4. Chatbot Vs. Intelligent Virtual Assistant — What’s the difference & Why Care?
No matter what stage of growth you’re at, driving customer centricity across all aspects of business is critical for consumer-facing businesses. A live chat support system can help you improve and optimize your customer experience through actionable insights and data.